Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday 22 August 2015

Meet the PHP Developer

Meet the PHP Developer :

Meet the PHP Developer 

Why being a Senior PHP Developer is your passion?

I love coding, and I love challenges. I love to always go beyond my limits, and create something new everyday. Being a developer pushes me to do all those stuffs, and more!

Can you tell us more details about your job?

I am the team lead of PHP developer of 24/7 International in Unilab. We are the one who introduced the open source to UNILAB as an in house product because they use to outsource every website before. We started in a small experimental team before (2012) and is now a 14 strong unit.


Where do you work? can you tell us your roles and activities in the company?

As a team lead, I am usually the consultant and third level support. I do both the code and infrastructure design. Everything must be approved and signed off by me before development.

What is success to you?

There’s 2 benchmark on me on success.
1. When my client (boss) and my team is happy
2. When my family is happy

Success is not measured by how much money I make (though it counts ^_^) but by how many people I can satisfy with my work.


What can you contribute to our Society as a Senior PHP Developer?

Well, being a corporate developer, it doesn’t stop there. I am very active to the open source community. I was once the core developer of Kunena (now Fireboard), the most famous forum extension in Joomla. I still contribute to open source until now but I’m more focused on my career and clients.

Any other hobbies aside from being a Senior PHP Developer?

I am also a freelance project manager and consultant doing other projects during my free time on clients outside the country. I cater on mobile applications and client/server applications. Other than coding and management, I’m a tech enthusiast. I love gadgets, and how to improve our home using all the gadgets I find. I’m also into movies and manga (like most nerds do, LOL). When given opportunity, I also love teaching other people how to create websites and giving them some pointers on how to do it very fast (single application in an hour or less?).

What’s your motivation in life?

My family, if I don’t have my wife and my 2 kids, I would’ve stayed in my parents house and just sleep and eat all day (LOL)


Memorable moments as a Senior PHP Developer?

When a certain company needs my help badly, they offered double of what I’m asking. It was the best day of my life. Also, the cloud knowledge certainly pays off.

What can you share or advise to all aspiring Senior PHP Developer?

Always be the best you can. Be competitive, and always learn the latest technology. It will help you sooner or later. And if you have nothing much to do, surf the net and look around, you might find some hidden treasures around that might help you on your career!

Any dialect or language you know?

HTML, JS, ASP, CGI, Perl, Python, PHP, C#, C, C++, Cobol, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Yii, Red Bean, mySQL, Code Igniter, Cassandra DB, noSQL, HTML5, Laravel, (this is the non nerdy part) Tagalog, Cebuano, and English

No comments:

Post a Comment